On the 3rd of February 2021 the Square Table comittee and the knowledge group CSX experienced a very successful kick-off of the webinar season. Prof. dr. Yuri Bobbert CISM CISA, Chief Security Officer at ON2IT Zero Trust Innovators and Professor at Antwerp Management School, and Ir. Hao Dinh CISSP EMITA, Cybersecurity Consultant at EY, took more than 400 viewers on a ‘Zero trust Journey’ and provided them with a 360 view on Zero Trust in information security.
Afterwards both speakers looked back on the webinar with great enthusiasm. Yuri: ‘This webinar was very interesting to give and the questions also demonstrated that the audience was knowledgable and very engaged. The topic of Zero Trust is new and the principles require “out for the box” thinking and saying farewell to traditional concepts. We like that ISACA CSX is taking the lead in daring to challenge the status quo of our profession.’
Hao also adds: ‘We were happy to experience a high engagement from the participants. We have received many questions from our audience, ranging from the detailed technology level to the high-level implementation level.’
How to continue your Zero Trust journey?
During the webinar Yuri and Hao not only explained what Zero Trust in information security encompasses, they also shared the 8 Zero Trust security measures they have identified. Furthermore they presented the Zero Trust Readiness & Fitness Assessment companies can use to approach Zero Trust.
Yuri and Hao furthermore shared several interesting sources on Zero Trust. We have outlined several below. Also read and watch the interview that CSX Lead and board member of ISACA NL Chapter Than-Son Nguyen and former board member Suzanne Janse held before the webinar with Yuri and Hao. Five participants of the webinar received a copy of the book: ‘Leading in Digital Security’, by Yuri Bobbert and Mark Butterhof.
- Zero Trust Validation: From Practical Approaches to Theory (Y. Bobbert, J. Scheerder)
- Zero Trust Network Security Model in containerized environments (C. de Weever, M. Andreou)
- The future of Zero Trust, John Kindervag
- John Kindervag on the next steps in Zero trust
- ISACA Global Podcast: Exploring the push for zero trust>>
- ISACA Journal: The Unintended Consequences of Zero Trust on Enterprise Culture
- Network segmentation is not the same as Zero Trust
- Zero trust: a means and not an end to itself
- Future Roles in Information Security
- Cloud Security Zero trust SaaS
- Which of these 4 CISO archetypes do you deserve?
- Leading in digital security
- NIST: NCCoE project